Shouldn't that be the Fabulous Baker Sisters?

Joe LaCour
Sent from my Mobile phone

On Feb 17, 2018 8:21 AM, "Joe Makowiec" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
NPR's Only A Game ran a nice story this morning about Reggie and Reenie Baker, who were pioneers of women's hockey at Cornell and Boston College:

http://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/02/16/reggie-reenie-baker-cornell-bc-womens-hockey

"I would go down at night, after I got home from school, and I would just practice and practice with the puck," Reggie says. "And then in the summer, I was on the driveway with a hockey stick and a tennis ball. I just knew from very, very young that I was gonna start the team at Cornell. I just never doubted that."

"And so Reggie and I went to Boston for the ECAC finals for the men's hockey, and Boston College beat Cornell," Reenie says. "And I said, 'I'm gonna go apply at that school. I think that might be a place I could start a team.' And that's, honestly, the reason I went to Boston College."

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe