FYI, here is a GIS Internship opportunity with GEI Consultants in Portland, ME.  I am not affiliated with GEI.

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=acc5ca2f-b799-4b97-b643-beb8d7be7aaa&sid=Z2VpaW5j&jobId=80775&lang=en_US&source=CC3

Intern/GIS Analyst
Intern Portland, ME, US
2 days agoRequisition ID : 1684
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #102 in the ENR top 500 (2017). We serve hundreds of Commercial, Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.

Founded in 1970, our privately-held, employee-owned company consists of over 800 employees located in 37 offices across the U.S. GEI's technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources and ecology.

GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI "seller-doers" are considered some of the leading subject matter experts (SMEs) in their respective fields.

GEI is seeking a motivated, staff-level analyst with education and experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to assist in an internship capacity with complex and challenging projects at locations across GEI's office in the United States. This position will support GEI's civil/water resources engineering practice, which provides services in a wide range of settings with emphasis on the analysis and modeling of riverine, ground water, and coastal systems.  Representative projects for the GIS Analyst position include preparation of maps and figures of riverine and open channels, coastal natural systems and man-made structures, as well as industrial, commercial, municipal and residential sites.

GIS Analysts in this intern position will support the civil/water resources engineers with the preparation of maps through a range of activities that include on-screen digitizing, preparation of state-wide attribute tables, map legend generation, creating data driven pages, building spreadsheet files, posting spreadsheet tables to GIS in data view, working with focus data frames, annotating labels, creating maps in pdf format, and performing map checks.

Essential Responsibilities & Duties:

*  Perform GIS Analyst tasks including table, figure and map preparation.
*  Prepare project maps and figures using specialty technical software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).

Minimum Qualifications:

*  BS/BA in geography, geology, environmental science or similar training with an emphasis in GIS.
*  Experience in summer internship or other professional position.
*  Self-motivated with ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
*  Good communication skills (verbal and written).
*  Proficient with MS Office (including Excel), and ArcGIS.
*  Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to work in the field as needed.

GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer

Jeff Olson, GISP
GIS Analyst

[cid:image001.jpg@01D3AC83.B49B5B90]
6 Liberty Lane West
Hampton, NH 03842
T 603.379.3837

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: