----Forwarded using *Multi-Forward Chrome Extension*
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multi-forward-for-gmail/jjmdplljmniahpamcmabdnahmjdlikpm>
---
From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sun Jan 28 2018 02:16:22 GMT+1100 (AEDT)
Subject: Fwd: [MELIBS-L] Program recommendation - Nicaragua
To: [log in to unmask]

----Forwarded using *Multi-Forward Chrome Extension*
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multi-forward-for-gmail/jjmdplljmniahpamcmabdnahmjdlikpm>
---
From: Hannah Cyrus
Date: Fri Jan 12 2018 06:07:34 GMT+1100 (AEDT)
Subject: [MELIBS-L] Program recommendation - Nicaragua
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone, I'm writing to recommend a program we had a few months ago by
Brooklin resident Carlos Enrique Maibeth-Mortimer, which we called
"Nicaragua: The Untold Story." Carlos has been working in Nicaragua and has
established an English-language school there for child refugees. He gave a
great presentation here discussing Nicaragua’s engaging, conflict-prone
geopolitics, with an in-depth look at the ethno-cultural divides that are
at the heart of the current conflict in Nicaragua, as well as an inside
look at his recently founded school. Attendees at our program learned a lot
about what's going on in Nicaragua today, which is not often touched on in
English-language media. Carlos was born in Bilwi (Puerto Cabezas),
Nicaragua. He grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and on the Island of
Kauai, and attended American University and Goddard College where he
studied International Relations & Development with a focus on Latin
America. He has lived in Brooklin, Maine for the past five years. You can
contact Carlos at [log in to unmask] or 808 652-4647 if you are
interested in having him at your library. He is willing to travel and happy
to give his presentation for free, provided he is able to have a jar out
for donations towards his school. Carlos is back in Maine and available to
present through the end of the year. Thanks! -Hannah -- Hannah Cyrus
Assistant Director Blue Hill Public Library 207-374-5515 x11