RSU 26 Parents & Community Members,

As you may know we are undertaking a Facilities Study for RSU 26 in order to more effectively plan for major capital needs and improvements for our district.  The study will provide a roadmap for how we move forward with facility improvements and additions over the next 5-10 years. This process is just getting started.  We are currently seeking volunteers to serve on a facilities committee to help guide this process.  There will be less time-intensive opportunities later on to contribute at public forums where all can share perspectives, ideas, concerns, and general feedback regarding our facility needs.

The Facilities Committee will be a representative sub-committee of the RSU 26 Board of Directors to provide feedback and guidance throughout the study.  The function of this committee is advisory to the Board and to PDT Architects (the firm conducting the study). The Board determined the composition of the committee and we are seeking applications of interest for the teacher seats (1 per school = 3 total seats) and support staff seats (2 total seats), as well as the parent/community member seats (3 total seats).  If you are interested in serving, please complete the short application on this Google Form.  Deadline to apply is Thursday, November 2nd.  The Board will consider applications in executive session at the Board meeting on November 7th.

Your perspectives and knowledge regarding our needs in this area are essential to the development of a plan that is responsive to our facility needs here in Orono.

I look forward to this process and how it will energize us with excitement about the future growth and improvement of our facilities to better match our program and student needs! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this information.

Regards,

Meredith Higgins

RSU 26 Superintendent

10 Goodridge Drive

Orono, Maine  04473

Ph: (207) 866-7110

Fx: (207) 866-4217  fax

Notice of Confidentiality - This is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone or e-mail and return the original message.

To unsubscribe from the FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS list, click the following link:
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS&A=1