Hello Orono school community. Hard to believe another summer has almost flown by! Staff is already hard at work to ensure the best possible year for your students.

The board will be hosting a meet-and-greet for our new superintendent, Meredith Higgns, on this coming Sunday, August 27th any time from 4-7PM in the high school cafeteria. It will be informal and I encourage you to drop by even for 15 minutes to say hello. If you want to just pop in and not eat that’s fine. But we will also provide basic snacks and drinks. And if you want to come in the latter part and bring something to eat for your family or a potluck dish to share, that’s great (I know that sounds disorganized but I’ve come to have great faith in the generosity and flexibility of the Orono community and I don’t want to put any burdens in the way of people coming just to say hello). I know it is the last weekend before school and many families have plans already, but we would love to see a great turnout to greet our new superintendent.

Please come give our superintendent a warm welcome.

Sincerely,
Brian McGill on behalf of the board

To unsubscribe from the FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS list, click the following link:
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS&A=1