I was at the game Saturday and wondered as well on the call.  Figured it had to be for too many, but then was confused when the faceoff was outside the zone and not at center ice.  Ran who to a fan who spoke with Billy Jaffe in between the periods and it was indeed to many.  However, while you can disallow a goal for that infraction you cannot use video to call a minor penalty that you missed on the ice.  Must say after sitting through ridiculously long reviews on both goals and no-goals that should have been easy decisions, I am happy to know that reviews cannot be used for minor infractions.

Looking forward to a good tournament in Chicago!

Bob Fitta

From: - Hockey-L - The College Hockey Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sebastian Bongiorno
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: UMass goal

Carol, yes I will be in Chicago.

John, yes that's the goal I'm still confused about. If there were too many men on the ice why was no Lowell player sent to the bench. I was sitting at the opposite end of the play and couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening. The score board at Manchester was terrible. The video section was a low-def square screen that was totally useless. You were lucky if you could read the the score let alone a video replay.

Regards
Bongi

Go Hawks!!