This is a reminder from Maine Sea Grant that preliminary proposals are
due February
24th, 2017.

The Maine Sea Grant College Program invites preliminary proposals for
research projects to be funded in the period February 2018 through January
2020. Through this *new request*, we seek proposals of two separate
categories. First, we seek to fund research proposals that link the
scientific capacity of Maine with the needs of coastal stakeholders.
Second, we aim to support synthesis efforts that will integrate knowledge
from diverse sources to summarize our current understanding of coastal
Maine issues, identify gaps in knowledge, and outline future research
directions. *Synthesis efforts should not include the collection of new
data*.

Assuming no changes in the federal Sea Grant appropriation and the
requirements of the non-research components of the Maine Sea Grant program,
an estimated $750,000 will be available to support research projects over
the two-year funding period. Maine Sea Grant will consider funding
proposals from $50,000 to $150,000. Maine Sea Grant intends to fund as many
excellent proposals as is possible within budgetary constraints; *projects
with requested funding below the maximum amount and those that show strong
leveraging of funding are encouraged. *Due to Maine Sea Grant’s limited
resources, total two-year requests over $150,000 in Sea Grant funds
(including all direct and indirect costs) will not be considered. Sea Grant
funding requires a 50% non-federal match; all preliminary proposals must
indicate source and level of available non-federal match. Proposals without
sufficient match will not be considered.

*Preliminary proposals are due Friday, February 24, 2017*.

Maine Sea Grant is administered by the University of Maine, but the
research competition is open to faculty and staff at any public or private
research or higher education institution in the state.

For further details, guidelines, and forms, visit seagrant.umaine.edu/
funding/research.

Please distribute as appropriate; advanced apologies for any cross-postings.

MAINE SEA GRANT | MARINE SCIENCE FOR MAINE PEOPLE