Dear Colleagues,

There's still time to enroll in spring GIS courses at UMaine at Machias! We
have online, hybrid or short-term intensive offerings for every class, so
you don't need to quit your day job to take classes and add to your
toolkit. Our classes are hands-on and practical, giving you skills you can
use right now.

To enroll, just call the registrar's office at (207) 255-1223. Got
questions about our GIS courses and programs? Drop me a line at

This semester's offerings are listed below. For full descriptions, click
this link and scroll down: http://bit.ly/ummgisclasssearch.

SPRING SEMESTER- 1/18 to 5/6

GIS 230 GIS Applications I (4cr): Comprehensive, hands-on introduction to
GIS. Hybrid only, all online plus three on-campus Saturdays on 1/21, 3/11 &
and 5/6. Instructor: Hope Rowan (400-level available for graduate student:
as GIS 401 31506 0001)

GIS 330 GIS Applications II (4cr): Comprehensive, hands-on introduction to
GIS analysis with focus on raster analysis, model building, and spatial
analysis. Available all-online or on-campus. Prerequisite: GIS I or
equivalent or permission of instructor. Instructor: Tora Johnson (400-level
available for graduate student: as GIS 401 31510 0002)

GIS 428 Web-Based Maps, Applications & Services (3cr): A practical and
applied course covering design and delivery of web and mobile maps and
applications, fundamentals of online databases, hosting and serving data
and map services and basics of server management. All online. Prerequisite:
GIS 230 and GIS 330, or permission of instructor. Instructor: Bob Bistrais.
OFFERED EVERY OTHER YEAR

MAY TERM 5/12-5/19

GIS 204 Intro to GPS (2cr): Hands-on operation of GPS receivers, field data
gathering, data processing, and error management. All online 5/12-14, then
on-campus five-day intensive 5/15-19. Instructor: Tora Johnson. OFFERED
EVERY OTHER YEAR

Cheers!
Tora

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tora Johnson, PhD
Director/ Associate Professor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory, Torrey 223
University of Maine at Machias
[log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
(207) 255-1214

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in
practice, there is."  - source unknown

Like the UMM GIS Program on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ummgis
Like the UMM Science Division on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ummscience/

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: