Call for 2016 Remote Sensing Highlights!

The USGS Land Remote Sensing Program will compile the FY2016 input on behalf of DOI for use in two reports:

·  DOI Remote Sensing Report (see 2015 report): Provides visibility of DOI remote sensing activities and illustrates the breadth, depth and relevance of our science.

·  President's Aeronautics and Space Report: Summarizes annually aerospace activities conducted by 14 Federal departments and agencies, mandated by law.

We are looking for examples of research, operational, or other activities underway in FY2016 that use remotely sensed data and technology. This includes satellite, airborne and terrestrial based collection of imagery, radar, lidar, GPS, etc.

These reports are important in maintaining support for federal programs that support the acquistion of remotely sensed imagery and technology.  Highlighting your project will be very helpful. Let me know if you are interested in making a contribution and I will send you the details.  Feel free to circulate this note to those you think might be interested.

The 2016 report will be similar in format to the 2015 report (https://eros.usgs.gov/doi-remote-sensing-activities/2015/). Please look over prior year reports to find some entries that you can use as a model.

Dan Walters
National Map Liaison for ME, MA & RI
USGS
196 Whitten Road
Augusta, Maine 04330
207-776-1293
----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: