The teacher could invite all of the students to an event in Google Calendar and that would show up in the students’ calendar.

Paul

—
Paul Meinersmann
Technology Manager
St. George Municipal School Unit
St. George School
65 Main St
PO BOX 153
Tenants Harbor, ME 04860
mobile: 207-975-3043
school: 207-372-6312
email: [log in to unmask]

On May 25, 2016, at 9:55 AM, Anne MacDonald <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Someone asked me if it is possible for an event to be automatically added (without it having to be clicked on) to a google calendar? I know that it is now done with airline reservations and hotels and other ticketed events. When you make airline reservations the event is sent to your calendar if you give them your gmail address.

Does anyone know if there is a way for just anyone to do that? We are looking to have a teacher send an email with a due date and the event is automatically created on the students google calendar. I know it happens with Google Classroom but not all teachers use GC. The students wind up having to keep their calendar up with homework, which is fine for many students, but for Sped students this is an issue.

Anne

--
Anne Macdonald
Technology Integration Coordinator