---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lynn Curtis King <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Subject: looking for host families

Children's International Summer Village has asked that I share the following with anyone who might be interested in hosting a delegation for 2 days this summer.  More details are in their e-mail below but we hosted the Norwegian delegation 3 years ago and had an amazing experience.  We brought them to MDI, the Orono pool, Ft. Knox and the mall.  You can host a complete delegation of 4 kids or opt to only take in 2. Also feel free to forward this along to anyone else you might know.

Thanks!

Lynn

CISV Maine (Childrens International Summer Village http://maine.cisvusa.org/ ) is hosting a "Step up" program this July 8th-30th in the Bangor -Brewer area--15 year old youth from 9 different countries will be living, learning together, building international relationships and peace building skills. We are looking for several families to host a delegation--2 girls, 2 boys and their leader (or just 2 youth, if you prefer or have space limitations) for the weekend of July 8-10th.There are several steps required in order to be granted the privilege to host a CISV delegation (it really is amazing, if you haven't ever done it!)--which is why we are starting early with this process.

To give a few details, a host family's responsibility is to pick up the delegation or 2 of the youth around 5pm or later on Fri July 8th--bring them to the program site to get checked in (in the Bangor -Brewer area), and then take them to your home for the weekend--for sleeping, sightseeing and shopping (going to Bangor Mall is always one of the requests!).
Let me know if you may be interested and/or if you have any questions!
Beds for all are not required--sleeping pads and bedding, and enough comfortable space is fine.

If you decide you are interested, we will start with doing background checks and I will meet with all families for an interview and information session.  If you know of anyone else who may be interested in hosting, please let me know. Or if you cant host, but are up for helping out in a limited way during the 3 weeks they are here--like providing snacks one day or helping serve a meal or doing some laundry--let me know--every little bit will help!
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe from the FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS list, click the following link:
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS&A=1