Please join us on December 7th for Orono's annual Light up the Night event. This year we're celebrating the University's 150th birthday and have introduced some new elements to the celebration. The biggest new event is the "Float Around Mill Street" Stationary Parade of Lights. In a stationary parade all the floats are parked and the spectators travel from one end of the street to the other. Come be a part of the parade! If you're interested in putting together a float and representing your business or organization, please visit www.downtownorono.com. If you just want to see what it's all about, join us at Light up the Night on December 7th, starting at 4:30.
Here's the schedule of events:
· 4:30 - 5:00 PM: Meet at the UCU Plaza for hot chocolate and cookies.
· 5:00 - 5:15 PM: Walks/carol down to University Inn with the Orono High School Chorus.
· 5:15 PM: Sing more songs with the high school chorus, greet your friends and neighbors, and listen to Renaissance Singers perform. Santa will do a big countdown and the tree will light up.
· 5:30 - 7:30 PM: Visit with Santa. The chocolate fountain is flowing and good cheer and humor will reign at the University Inn.
· 5:30 - 8:00 PM: Downtown is lit up with a stationary parade of lights.
· 7:30 PM: Fireworks go off from the University Inn's lawn.
Please contact Belle Ryder at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.
See you on the 7th!
Assistant Town Manager
Town of Orono
59 Main St.
Orono, ME 04473
Phone: (207) 889-6907
Fax: (207) 866-5053
A reasonable effort will be made to respond to all emails received in a timely manner though the most expedient communication would be through our Town phone number. Please note that all emails sent from or coming to this address are considered a public document and are subject to the State of Maine Freedom of Access of Law.
To unsubscribe from the FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS list, click the following link: