Good Afternoon Everyone,

The current contract for Orthoimagery acquisition will end in 2016. When completed we will have had participation from 12 of the 16 counties and 67 communities. Five communities have participated twice. Among the communities purchasing high resolution imagery 14 purchased 3” resolution, 54 purchased 6” resolution, and 4 purchased 12” resolution imagery. Based on comparisons of previous costs in several towns, we estimate that each community saved approximately $20,000 each in acquisition costs. This would total approximately $1.4 million in savings for all the communities participating in the program.

The GeoLibrary has approved a draft plan for orthoimagery acquisition following our existing program. Implementation will depend upon participation of counties, state agencies, and communities. The Board has adopted significant changes that would reduce the cost for Counties.

A copy of the draft plan is attached for your review.

We anticipate doing an orthoimagery request for proposals in 2016 to issue a contract for orthoimagery acquisition services from 2017 to 2022.

If your community is interested in acquiring imagery in the 2017 to 2022 time frame please let us know. We will need your assistance in talking to county commissioners to gain their support for the program.

We would like to have letters of intent from communities, counties and other participants prior to issuing the RFP for services next year. This would give the Board and potential bidders a better indication of how much area is involved and what the schedule of acquisition will be.

I would be happy to talk with any of you about the draft plan or provide a presentation to your communities or counties. Please contact me with any questions you may have or to schedule a presentation.

Come see us at the MMA Convention next week we will be in BOOTH 67.

Joseph Young

Maine Office of GIS, Administrative Director

Maine Library of Geographic Information, Executive Director

SHS 145

51 Commerce Drive

Augusta, Maine 04333-0145

VP/Cell: 207-624-2664

http://maine.gov/megis/

http://www.maine.gov/geolib/

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: