Wow, what an incredible morning of fun at the 7th Annual Pie in the Sky Race! Biggest runner turnout in the event's history--fabulous. Nearly 200 runners ranging in age from 2ish to 70+ and including community members, many of the boys high school soccer team and a contingent of OMS runners, 30 winning pies, lots of smiling faces, great costumes, and a wonderful community gathering.

A heartfelt round of thanks from OSCAr to the following for making this event possible:

First and Foremost: Kudos to Tim and Cassandra, our race organizers, for a great course and an event par excellence.

Next, our Pie Makers (many who contributed multiple pies): Terrie, Denise, Alison Me, Alison Mi, Ceci, Jen, Laurie, Nancy, Sophie, Cynthia, Chris, Kathi, Carolee, Mimi, and Judy's mom! What a selection ranging from tollhouse, chocolate cream, every berry, apple, and sweet & savory--incredible!!! And tough for the awardees to choose from.

And our race volunteers, you signed them in and kept them safely on course: Kate, Todd, Allison, Terrie, Jack, Sean, Emma, Svea, Jim, Sara, Erin, Xander, Cid, Anne, Deanna, Bob, Sarah, Leo, Mark, Kenny, Anna, Krista, Maddie, Julia, & Kathi--and others who turned up but I may not have spotted.

Thanks also to the Orono Police Dept. who helped cover the more complicated corners, and event sponsors Town of Orono, University Credit Union (and their hydration heros), Rainstorm Consulting, Alpenglow, Racing Surfaces Testing Laboratory, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Camden National Bank.

Thank you OSCAr volunteers and OHS X-C ski coaches & parents for your help putting this all together, and heres to another successful year in the arts for the Orono schools. Time to start planning for 2016....

To unsubscribe from the FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS list, click the following link:
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS&A=1