Good Morning All,

OIT Has filled Michael Smith’s position as GIS Administrator. Following is the announcement sent to the State GIS stakeholders Group.

“We have finished the interviews for GIS Administrator position within the MEGIS group and I’m happy to announce that Joe Young has accepted the position.  Joe will start his new role effective today, Monday, March 30, 2015.

Joe has been a member of the MEGIS team since November of 2013 as the Executive Director of the GeoLibrary Board. Prior to that he worked in the Maine Floodplain Management Program coordinating flood mapping activities and advocating for improved imagery and elevation data acquisition. In both roles, Joe has spent much of his time collaborating with various entities (private, local, State and Federal) to promote the use and need for continuous updating of geospatial data.  Joe will continue his work with the GeoLibrary Board.

OIT has begun a restructuring of the MeGIS team and this appointment is the first step in that restructuring. OIT management recognizes the need for additional technical services to support data processing, database management and agency technical support. These services will be filled by posting a GIS technical position as soon as possible.”

Joseph Young

Executive Director

Maine GeoLibrary

SHS 145

51 Commerce Drive

Augusta, Maine 04333- 145

VP 207-624-2664

FAX 207-287-1131

MaineGeoLibrary_Web_banner_JY

Subscribe to our List Serve learn more about the GeoLibrary

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A0=geolibrary-l

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: