FYI----I checked this out today, following the referenced instructions but only the most recent 2013 NAIP 1m Natural color imagery is available.  I looked at that in a project and it appears to be the same coverage available on the MEGIS web mapping service that I use.  It is also of lower quality than the ESRI base map (image) service available in ArcGIS.

Is the reference to the “rest” below where you would see the 4-band NAIP or possibly other coverage that MEGIS does not have?  I guess I’m not clear on what the benefit is of adding this server?

Thanks.   Wayne

From: Young, Joseph
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NAIP 4 BAND IMAGERY

Good afternoon all,

USDA announced today that they are now publicly distributing the 4-band NAIP imagery in addition to the natural color imagery.  To access NAIP Public facing data, use the following URL in ArcGIS: http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/services.  Instructions can be found on the APFO website at: http://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/2013_apfo_webservice_10x.pdf.  By adding “rest” to the link you can apparently get more options:   http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/rest/services

Joseph Young

Executive Director

Maine GeoLibrary

SHS 145

51 Commerce Drive

Augusta, Maine 04333- 145

VP 207-624-2664

FAX 207-287-1131

Subscribe to our List Serve learn more about the GeoLibrary

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A0=geolibrary-l

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: