Dear Colleagues,

It's time to enroll in UMM computer mapping classes for the spring! We've got some new web-only courses, including GIS II and Remote Sensing. See the list below. All of our courses focus on real-world, practical applications.

To enroll, the UMM registrar a call at 207-255-1223. To learn more about our award winning courses and programs, visit http://machias.edu/gis. Any questions? feel free to call or write to me; my contact info is below.

Spring GIS Courses:

GIS 230 GIS Applications I (hybrid & on-campus sections available): Get started with the basics of geospatial technology with applications that will be immediately useful and practical. 4cr. No prerequisites. Three on-campus Saturday sessions required.

GIS 330 GIS Applications II (on-campus & web-only sections available): Get geospatial super powers like spatial and raster analysis, model and tool building, important design concepts, working with projections, error management, and QA/QC. 4cr. Prerequisite: GIS I or equivalent

GIS 420 Remote Sensing and Image Analysis (web only): Understand and use a wide array of remote sensing technologies with practical applications, including satellite and aerial imagery and lidar. We’ll cover lidar point cloud and digital elevation models, multispectral image analysis, aerial image interpretation, ground truthing, and much more.

GIS 204 Introduction to GPS (five-day on-campus intensive, May 18-22 with some online study before and after) Learn how the GPS system works and use both a variety of GPS receivers in the field. We’ll cover mission planning, post-processing, error management, best practices for field data collection, and basics of web-based mapping. 2cr. No prerequisites.

GEO 101 Introduction to Geography (on-campus and web-only sections available)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tora Johnson
Director/ Instructor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory, Torrey 223
University of Maine at Machias
[log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
(207) 255-1214

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."
- source unknown

Like the UMM GIS Program on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ummgis
----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: