From: Ben Strauss [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:01 AM
To: Young, Joseph
Subject: Director & Software Engineer Jobs at Climate Central Sea Level Program

Dear Colleague,

Today we are posting two new jobs pivotal for our growing sea level program, and are writing to ask your help in sharing with appropriate networks and individuals — or inviting you to apply if either position is of direct interest to you. If you are on this email distribution list, you are probably concerned about rising seas. Please help us to better deliver vital information to the people, communities, and businesses at risk, through your personal help spreading the word about these positions. We see big opportunities ahead to multiply our reach and impact; finding the right candidates will make all the difference. Thank you!

  1. The Director will advance the program’s strategic direction and engineer its growth while reporting to the Vice President for Sea Level and Climate Impacts. The Director will take leadership roles in managing serial communications initiatives; expansion of our government and NGO stakeholder program; development of an earned revenue stream; and taking the program onto the global stage through international work. We are looking for candidates with significant leadership, management, business/organizational development and strategic communications experience, plus some background or affinity for science.
  2. We are also looking for an energetic, multi-talented Software Engineer fluent in Python and C++ who can also tackle a wide array of other technologies to provide support in back-end big data scientific computing and front-end online user interface development. The developer’s main role will be to support the sea level rise program by maintaining, improving and expanding the Surging Seas web tools and analysis system for the U.S. and then globally.

The links above lead to each full job description, and instructions for how to apply.

Thanks in advance for your help or interest — these searches mean a great deal to us.

Sincerely,

Ben Strauss

Vice President for Sea Level and Climate Impacts
Climate Central
sealevel.climatecentral.org

p.s. In the coming months, we will also be posting ads for (1) a coastal expert who will become the main point of contact for our diverse stakeholder and tool user community, as well as help lead further online tool refinement (MS level with strong scientific/coastal background); and (2) an analyst to join our research team, with strengths in spatial statistics and extreme value statistics, plus writing (PhD level).

p.p.s. Look for the Surging Seas Risk Finder to launch in its next state within a month.

Click here to unsubscribe

Web Bug from https://cmail1.com/t/y-o-iiiiel-jtvujjyb/o.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: