Good Morning All,
Good geospatial data doesn't just happen it takes work and funding. The GeoLibrary has been starved for funding just as many state and local agencies have over the past decade. The GeoLibrary has shown that we can save hundreds of thousands of dollars by working collaboratively with all levels of government. It is important that our political leaders recognize this.

So while you are out raking the leaves and watching the political yard signs pop up please make sure that the people campaigning for office recognize the importance of this work and how state and local governments save lots of money because of these efforts.

Joseph Young
Executive Director
Maine GeoLibrary
SHS 145
51 Commerce Drive
Augusta, Maine 04333- 145
VP 207-624-2664
FAX 207-287-1131
[MaineGeoLibrary_Web_banner_JY]<http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A0=geolibrary-l>
Subscribe to our List Serve<http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A0=geolibrary-l> learn more about the GeoLibrary
http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A0=geolibrary-l

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: