The Maine GIS User’s Group is holding our annual GIS training conference in early September this year, “GIS Back to School”. The Program Committee will be meeting later this month to wrap up the conference program and we are looking for suggestions of topics for our workshops.  We want to hear from you, the GIS community, on what you would like to learn.   Though we don’t have a particular theme this year we are interested in talks that are unique and will resonate with a wide variety of users.  We’ve covered a lot on LiDAR lately so perhaps there is something else we could focus on?  We need your suggestions!!!   If you have any ideas or know of anyone who may be willing to run a workshop for us, contact me as soon as possible.  Presentation summaries must be submitted no later than June 15th.

MEGUG will also be electing 5 Board seats in September at this meeting – are you interested in taking your involvement to the next level?  Run for a seat on the Board and help direct the future of MEGUG.  If you are interested, contact me ASAP.

Regards,

Best Regards,

Patrick Cunningham

Maine GIS Users Group

Vice Chair

vicechair@megug.org

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: