For our Summer Reading program, we are using the theme "Fizz, Boom, READ!"
The past few summers, we have given kids a calendar with the days listed
for when school summer vacation begins and school starts. They mark off
every day that they read for at least 30 minutes. They turn their calendar
in at the end of summer, and if they have enough days marked off, they earn
a prize. Last year it was a rubber 10-inch playground ball, which was very
popular. Kids range in age from preschool to 5th grade. I have racked my
brain but cannot come up with an incentive to go along with the theme. I am
wondering if someone else has thought of something amazing related to
science?  And of course, it can't cost a lot of money.

Any ideas? I have checked the CSLP website.

Barb Rehmeyer
Liberty Library