It matters because our Internet connections are slow as dirt.  It's been a slow week in Tenants Harbor, that's for sure....

Patricia Kahn, MS, AHIP | Niles Perkins Health Science Library
Pen Bay Medical Center | 6 Glen Cove Drive| Rockport ME 04856
[log in to unmask] | 207-596-8456 | MEUPBM

From: Maine Libraries Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of berek tds.net [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MELIBS-L] Important question for public libraries - need answers today if possible

We could make a hell of a lot more Hartland/St. Albans/Palmyra residents
happier. The sad reality is that with the monster spike in use of bandwidth
to stream video and audio, we're all getting squeezed in terms of speed.
Bandwidth in general (or more correctly lack there of) is a big problem in
Maine, more so in rural areas like Somerset County. At home, I've gone from
reasonable speed to riding a camel with two broken legs.
John Clark
Hartland Public Library

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Lord, Linda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Senator King's office needs the following information a.s.a.p.
> What could you (a public library) do with increased bandwidth (a bigger
> pipe to the Internet) that you cannot do now?  In short, why does bandwidth
> expansion matter in Maine?
> Thank you for feedback!
> (If this question is not clear, please call be .  I will be at MSL all day
> today. :))
> Linda
>
> Linda H. Lord
> Maine State Librarian
> Maine State Library
> 64 State House Station
> Augusta, ME 04333
> 207-287-5620 (tel)
> 207-287-5624 (fax)
> https://www.maine.gov/msl/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.