Greetings!

I've been setting up an iTunesU course for my 8th graders; I am hoping to
use it as our platform this trimester.  However, as I've invited students
to join, I've noticed names I didn't recognize.  A check of PowerSchool
revealed that these were parent names; when they set up the Apple ID for
students' iPads, they used their own information (parents' name/email).

Has anyone else encountered this?  Do you have any ideas about how to
change to student names?  Should they register for a different Apple ID (if
old enough), so that they can use their own names?  (That also opens up the
possibility that updates to the course or to apps will not occur on a
timely basis, if students are using more than one.)

If *I* know who each student is, do other course members see the names?  (I
haven't  used iTunesU with students before, and though I have used
resources and have joined courses, I haven't participated in anything as a
"course".)

I've spent some time developing this, and I'd rather not throw it out
now....

--
Amy Tucker