Newsletter 12/13/13 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

[image: University College] <http://learn.maine.edu/>

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>*

*Newsletter 12/13/13*

*Click here to view in a web browser
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>*

*Good luck with finals!*

As you wrap up the semester please be extra sensitive to limiting noise to
avoid distracting your colleagues as they complete their final exams.

*Feed your brain!*

Thank you to the Student Association for providing “crunch-time” snacks and
candy canes during finals week. Get your snack fix in the lounge outside of
Room 112.

*Register!*

Register before the start of the semester break for your *spring
2014*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/spring/>courses.
Please call the Business Office (442-7736) to schedule an advising
appointment with *Lisa Whitney*, Student Services Coordinator or with *Dennis
Unger*, Center Director.

*Raise fast cash!*

A book buy back is being held in the center lobby on Thursday, *12/19* from
11 am to 7 pm.

*Save $$$*

If you order your textbooks through the UMA bookstore you can reduce your
textbook shipping costs! Spring textbooks ordered prior to *1/3* can be
delivered to the center by *1/9* for a $2 handling charge.

*Be storm ready!*

Storm cancellations are announced through local television and radio
stations, posted on our web site and Facebook page, and can be accessed at
at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 by selecting voice mailbox #8. Our *storm
cancellation page*
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/center-policies/>provides more
information and offers links to the campus electronic
emergency alert pages.

*Explore graduate school!*

Are you considering graduate school? Check out the video-stream of this
recent *USM graduate school information
session*<http://capture.maine.edu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer/Default.aspx?id=7f7f41fc-7f2b-4f68-8360-81c24020b674>.
The session provides a wonderful overview of graduate school issues and
factors to consider when making your plans.

*Enjoy your holiday celebrations!*

During the semester break (12/23 through 1/12) the center will be open from
8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday except for the following days: *12/24*,
closed at noon; *12/25* closed; *1/1* closed*.*

*Think spring!*

Spring classes begin as follows: *1/13* UM, UMA, UMFK, USM; *1/21* UMF &
UMPI; *1/22* UMM

*Raise Aspirations*

Do you know a talented Maine public high school or home-schooled junior or
senior who would benefit from an early college course? Please help us raise
aspirations by passing along new of our *High School
Aspirations*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/get-started/high-school-aspirations-program/>program.

*Like us!*

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by
liking us on* Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>*
.

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Register for spring courses!
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/12/register-spring-courses-3/>*

Register now for your spring courses! Please call 442-7736 to schedule an
advising appointment.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/12/register-spring-courses-3/>

*Attention new students
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/12/attention-students/>*

Spring 2014 new student orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, 1/7 from 4 to
6:30 pm. More <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/12/attention-students/>

*Work-study or volunteer!
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/01/work-or-volunteer/>*

Apply now for a spring work-study or volunteer position working in our
Business Office. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/12/01/work-or-volunteer/>

*What you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/09/30/affordable-care-act/>*

Explore how the advent of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) may impact
you. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/09/30/affordable-care-act/>

*Earn your allied health degree
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/08/24/earn-allied-health-degree/>*

Move forward with your plans for a healthcare care by earning your
associate degree in allied health with a concentration in health
information technology.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/08/24/earn-allied-health-degree/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737