This is the plane and Equipment Woolpert is using to fly our LiDAR acquisition this fall.  The following is a thumbnail sketch of the acquisition process:

·         272,000 pulses per second is our pulse rate spec for this job.

·         Scan pattern is “Triangle” in Leica terminology but yes that could be a called a zig/zag.

·         Using our most recent mission we were actually “on-line” a total of 120 minutes. (i.e. With the sensor actually firing, not while turning at the ends of lines nor flying to the lines)

·         272,000 pulses x 60 seconds x 120 minutes = 1,958,400,000 pulses in that mission, and there can be 2 or more returns per pulse depending on what type of area we are in (pavement, forest, field, etc.)

o    Furthermore that mission with only 120 minutes on-line time is actually on the low side of what we can do if the weather allows us.

o   The total capture for this project will be many billions of points

·

Operating station

Sensor unit

Sensor well

Sensor (not the white pebbly area) but where the arrow is pointing on the yellow tag.

Hard drive storage unit and cockpit area. The sensor and storage unit are connected with fiberoptics.

Joseph Young

Mapping Coordinator

Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry

Floodplain Management Program

93 State House Station

Augusta, Maine 04333-0022

Office: 207-287-8051

Cell: 207-592-5105

www.maine.gov/doc/index.shtml

For information on our statewide mapping program

Twitter | Facebook | Web

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: