Good Morning All,

I thought you might like an update on our latest collection of LiDAR data.
As of yesterday 60% of the project had been completed and passed through the initial QA/QC checks. The remaining 40% either still needs to be flown or the data acquired did not pass and needs to be re-flown.

Unfortunately fall collections in Maine are difficult because the weather, rain ground fog and other related issues can collaborate to foil data acquisition. When you throw in delicate equipment that can have software problems it presents a challenge to collect large areas within the window of time that is available.

We do not have a more recent image of the current status but the image below shows the showing the flight lines and how far the acquisition had progressed. As of this date all of Kennebec County is in the can and good for processing, The northern section of the southern section is also complete. The data remaining to be acquired is in the lower section of York County. The priority for the remaining data collection is to focus on the higher elevations first where Snow may be more likely and then move into the lower elevations. Although at this time of year we all know we can expect snow everywhere at any time.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CEEB52.D45AF720]
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Joseph Young
Executive Director
Maine GeoLibrary
SHS 145
51 Commerce Drive
Augusta, Maine 04333-
207-624-2664
[MaineGeoLibrary_Web_banner_JY]

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: