Newsletter – September 4 | Rockland

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.

University College

Rockland

Newsletter – September 4

Welcome Back with Ice Cream!

Thanks to the URock SA the freezer is very full of ice cream as a welcome back treat. Help yourself anytime of day!

Tips for First Week of Classes

·        Coordinate your schedule. Know where you need to be and when. Fill in your URock Planner!

·        Know what’s expected of you: Read your class syllabus and then read it again!!

·        Start work BEFORE it’s due: Establish a routine time to study for each class.

·        Establish a study place: Good lights, a comfy chair, and everything at your fingertips … make it YOUR place to study.

·        Take a break: Schedule a ten minute break after every hour of study.

·        Make use of campus resources: We’re here to help you succeed!

See Othello In HD at the Strand

The URock SA is sponsoring free student tickets to the Strand’s HD National Theater of London performance of Othello on September 26. You have the choice of a 2:00PM or 7:00PM show. Sign up for your free ticket at the URock front desk no later than Friday, September 20.

Proctored Test Times

If you need to take an exam other than during its regular class time, you will need to schedule your test through the URock front office. Our testing hours through the fall will be Tuesdays 8:00 – 11:00AM and Fridays, 4:00 – 7:00PM. A photo ID is required and, in many cases, instructor permission.

Watch for Other Student Activities This Fall

The URock SA has been planning more fall activities including sponsoring student tickets to the Common Ground Fair on Saturday, September 21. Stay tuned for more details, or email URock SA President, Martin Faracci.

Beware of Add-Drop!

Registration and add-drop continue for fall 2013 classes. Please check individual campus add-drop dates and check with financial aid about any consequences if you change your number of credit hours. For help with the add-drop process, contact the URock office for an advising time, or ask for staff assistance.

More Rte 1 Construction Coming!

George C. Hall projects will start work on Camden Street the week of September 10. The work will begin north of the Breakwater near the Circle K gas station and move south, one service line crossing at a time. This work should not interrupt our building in any way, but the traffic issues will begin. Traffic will be maintained at 2 lanes. The new water main from MacDonalds to the front of the Breakwater Building should start around 9/11 and work from MacDonalds north, ending at our building. The primary inconvenience in regards to access to and from our parking areas will occur the week of 9/16. Sorry for the inconveniences. Please plan your travels accordingly.

 Enjoy Our Picnic Tables by the Shore!

If the rain ever stops, we urge you to enjoy the view and cool breezes down at the shore at the URock picnic tables. There is a cigarette butt disposer by the tables. Please put all other trash in the dumpster.

URock Sweats and Tees

We have just received a shipment of new URock sweatshirts, sweatpants, T-shirts, long sleeved shirts and more. There’s lots of new colors and designs. Check out the inventory.

View Our Latest Videos on You Tube

Check out some new videos on the URock YouTube Channel.

Visit URock on Facebook!

http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

The Fall Semester is Starting! Pay Attention to Add-Drop Dates to Avoid Penalties!

The Fall 2013 semester starts next Tuesday September 3. Please pay attention to the add/drop dates for your classes which you can check on your MaineStreet account. If you are More

Family Development Accounts – Save and Earn!

Women Work and Community in partnership with the Maine Family Development Coalition, is offering Knox County Residents a program which will provide a Family Development Account to eligible women More

Get Help with Your FAFSA Now!

File or renew your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2013-2014 as soon as possible in order to qualify for the most financial aid. Apply immediately, don’t More

UROCK Offers Secondary Ed Certification

Students with or without baccalaureate degrees who wish to teach at the high school level now can earn their credentials through University College at Rockland. The Secondary Education minor More

What is Delayed Viewing?

Most ITV courses allow something called “delayed viewing”. This means the faculty member does not require your attendance at the time of the live broadcast. Rather, you can log More

© University College. All rights reserved.
91 Camden Street | Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6906 | Fax: (207) 594-2938