Dear EMCC Students,

Classes start in a little over a month, and I need your help!  Please take
a look at the volunteer opportunities I've listed and respond to me as soon
as possible.  These are great ways to contribute to our learning community
- and your resume! Please respond as soon as possible to let me know you'll
lend a hand!

*I especially need students willing to help out during New Student
Orientation to greet students and to help in the computer lap during the
last hour of orientation. *

Ann Delaney
Coordinator of Student Services

*NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
*
Thursday, August 15th
12:00-2:30 pm  OR
4:30-7:00 pm
I need student volunteers to help greet new students before orientation
sessions start and also assist students with using MyEMCC during the last
hour of orientation.   If you're interested in helping with either of these
tasks, please respond to me as soon as possible.  Let me know what time
you're available,  the tasks you can do, and your t-shirt size.  *You will
get a free lunch or dinner and an EMCC t-shirt!!!*

**

*FALL SEMESTER TUTORS*
September 11th - December 6th
I need EMCC peer tutors for LAM 008 Pre-Algebra; LAM 009 Introductory
Algebra; MAT 117 Intermediate Algebra; LAE 013 Basic Writing; and ENG 101
College Composition.  I also need peer tutors to help students with using
some of the computer technology, such as MyEMCC, BlackBoard, and Microsoft
Word.  Tutors must have completed the course for which they tutor with a
"B" or higher.  Peer tutors *may* be eligible to earn volunteer hours
towards a free course or an hourly wage.

--

Ann M. Delaney

Student Services Coordinator
Hancock County Higher Education Center
248 State St., Ste. 1
Ellsworth, ME 04605
(207) 667-3897
1-800-696-2540

www.learn.maine.edu/ellsworth

   *"Tell me, what is it you plan to do*

*     with your one wild and precious life?"*

*                                 Mary Oliver*

*                                 "The Summer Day"*