Greetings Students!

*Welcome back for another semester at the Hancock County Higher Education
Center! Our theme this year is ENGAGE, and we have been working on ways to
help you stay engaged and stay in touch as part of our learning community:*

*New Student Lounge*
Room 6 has been converted to a student lounge.  This is a place to
socialize before, during and after classes.  We'll be establishing a
lending library of great works of fiction and non-fiction, both classic and
contemporary.  There is a bulletin board for you to post textbooks you want
to sell or buy.  There is also a ride share board. Sharing a ride is a
great way to make friends and save $$$$$!

*We Need Student Workers!*
Have you been awarded work-study funds as part of your Financial Aid
package?  Do you have some office skills? We want you!  Please contact
Pamela Karwasinski, our Administrative Support Supervisor, for more
information.

Tutoring
If you need tutoring in math, writing or school-related computer
technology, come to the front desk at the Center and ask for a Tutoring
Request Form.  You'll be connected with a tutor to set up an appointment.
We will have drop-in tutoring at the Center for Math starting the week of
9/10 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am - 1pm.

Student Success Workshops
Keep checking your email and bulletin boards at the Center for
announcements about Student Success workshops, which can help you improve
your academic skills.  They're FREE and they can HELP!

ICE CREAM SOCIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our first student activity this year is the Third Annual "We All Scream for
Ice Cream" Ice Cream Social.  The daytime social will be September 18th
from 11:30 - 1:30 and the evening social will be September 19th from 3:30 -
5:30.   All students, staff and faculty are welcome to join us for awesome
ice cream and sundaes from Morton's Moo!

Student Association
The first meeting of the Student Association is September 11th from
12-12:50 pm in room 4. Bring your lunch and find out all about Student
Association. (Hint: We plan fun activities like the ice cream social!)

Autumn Gold
We'll be participating during Autumn Gold this year.  Please contact me if
you're interested in participating, and I'll send you more information.

Have a great semester, and remember, as Woody Allen said, "90% of life is
just showing up."  ALWAYS go to class!

Ann
--

Ann M. Delaney

Student Services Coordinator
Hancock County Higher Education Center
248 State St., Ste. 1
Ellsworth, ME 04605
(207) 667-3897
1-800-696-2540

www.learn.maine.edu/ellsworth

   *"Tell me, what is it you plan to do*

*     with your one wild and precious life?"*

*                                 Mary Oliver*

*                                 "The Summer Day"*