I'll hypothesize a bit...  I don't see Grant going further West, especially given the fact that he was integral in the hiring process of Red Gendron at Maine.  My guess is that he would come back as a volunteer assistant anyways, giving him time to be as retired or as invested as he wants to be.

I truly think that working with Monty was a way to stay in the game with someone he knew while Tim ruined the program at Maine.  From all accounts he dropped in a consultant from time to time.  I would think it would be more of pull to come back and rebuild a Maine program he has deep ties to, than to go to a Denver program he has no ties to.  Just my thoughts.

Best regards,
Matt Dewkett