Newsletter 4/1/13 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.

University College

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 4/1/13

Click here to view in a web browser

Enjoy your break!

University College at Bath/Brunswick is open from 8 am to 4 pm during the spring break week (4/1-4/5). Our business office will be closed on Wednesday 4/3.

Meet the author!

Through the creative efforts of UMA, Human Services, faculty member, Pat Clark, we are pleased to announce that award winning author, Cynthia Lord will visit the center for a reading and question and answer session on Thursday, 4/4 at 1 pm in Room 112. Cynthia Lord is a highly regarded children’s author and most recently published the novel, Rules.

Register for summer

Registration for summer 2013 courses is now open and ongoing on all seven UMS campuses. Call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger.

Select your fall courses

The fall 2013 course schedule is now available and registration is open for some but not all of the campuses. Check here for the specific dates. Unique onsite and videoconference course offerings for this fall include: Mass Media (Slack), Forensic Psychology (Mayo), Creative Development & Art for Young Children (Clark), Psychology of Human Adjustment (Desisto), Sexual Abuse and Trauma (Line).

Stay engaged!

Thanks you to the Student Association for organizing the recent civic engagement fair. In conjunction with this event the Salvation Army is continuing a non-perishable food drive as part of their display in the lobby. The next Student Association meeting will be held on Tuesday, 4/9 at noon. All students are invited to attend.

 Bring on the heat…

…at the 2nd Annual UCBB Roast. We are pleased to announce that University of Maine at Augusta, Human Services and Psychology faculty member, Michael DeSisto will be honored at this year’s roast. Please mark your calendar for the evening of Friday 4/19 and help us honor Michael at this fun and delicious event. Let Gwen Shatto know if you are interested in helping to organize this year’s event.

Strengthen your leadership skills!

All students are invited to the annual UMA Leadership Conference on the Augusta campus on Saturday, 4/20 from 9:00AM – 3:00PM. The keynote speaker will be Christopher Irving. The day is free for UMA students and $20 for non-students. Lunch is provided. FMI: Rose Pelletier

Like us!

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by liking us on Facebook.

http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Attend Autism Presentation

Cynthia Lord, award-winning author of Rules and Touch Blue, will discuss autism and her writing style, as well as share her experiences, on Thursday, April 4, at 1 p.m More

Welcome spring!

Elmhurst Inc., Art Program is exhibiting an art show in our lobby through the middle of April. More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Prepare for winter weather!

Storm cancellation information is available at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329. Select voice mailbox #8. More

Checkout our YouTube channel!

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube channel! More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737