Due to numerous requests we've added a new strand to the Summer Technology Institute (Belfast, Maine June 24 - 28)
This new strand targets educators interested in our Youngest Learners PK - 3.

"How do you integrate appropriate and meaningful technology for our youngest learners who are just learning to read and write? We will explore teaching reading and writing using blogging and Twitter, flattening the globe with engaging projects, using student digital photography, digital citizenship, supporting oral language development, and more, all at the level of emerging readers and writers. You are encouraged to bring digital photographs from your classroom."

ABOUT NADENE our Strand Leader :
"First Grade is an exciting and happy place to be, and I've taught it for 25 years at Atwood Primary School in RSU#18. My BA is from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and I received my MSEd from the University of New England. I am a passionate advocate for good use of technology integration and digital citizenship at the early childhood level. I've presented at ACTEM, joyfully shared at EdCampMe, and taught a 2 month workshop in my own school helping teachers to make friends with their MacBook. I enjoy sharing what I've learned and learning from others. "

To Register, head on over to http://UMaineSTI.org