Newsletter 1/14/13 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.

University College

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 1/14/13

Click here to view in a web browser

Happy new semester & welcome back!

The spring 2013 semester begins on 1/14 for UM, UMA and USM classes. UMF, UMFK and UMPI begin on Tuesday, 1/22. UMM classes begin on Wednesday, 1/23. Check the academic calendar for winter and spring break dates or subscribe to the [log in to unmask]&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK">UCBB events calendar.

Enjoy an “Unexpected Thaw”!

The center lobby has been transformed with a warm and vibrant art show, “Unexpected Thaw” organized by our valued community partner, Spindleworks. Bring your own sunscreen!

Renew now!

File or renew your 2013-14 FAFSA now! For assistance, attend an MEOC workshop or a Welcome Back College workshop. Please file before 2/15 to meet the priority deadline!

Have a slice

The Student Association is serving pizza slices from Bath’s world-famous Cabin Restaurant on 1/15, 1/16 & 1/17. This is a great opportunity to socialize with your classmates and learn about the Student Association’s plans for the semester.

Honor Martin Luther King

University College at Bath/Brunswick will be closed Monday, 1/21 in observance of the Martin Luther King holiday.

Access the center

UCBB Business Office hours this semester are 8 am to 4 pm. Building hours are: Mondays, 8 am to 9:45 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 7:15 am to 9:45 pm; Fridays, 8 am – 6:45 pm.

Volunteer and earn a tuition waiver

We are recruiting volunteers to join our student office staff for the spring semester. We are especially seeking volunteers to staff evening hours. Volunteers are eligible to a earn a UMA tuition waiver. FMI or to apply contact Arlene Smith.

Strengthen your writing!

Need help creating a thesis, citing a source, or punctuating a sentence? The UMA Writing Center offers these and other tutoring services to distance learners at UC by phone, email, and videochat. Work from UCBB or from home. Call (207) 621-3199 to access tutors Monday – Thursday, 9-4. Email [log in to unmask] with an attached essay for feedback within 48 hours. Join a Google Hangout session with Writing Center Coordinator Michelle Lisi, available by appointment every Friday this semester. Not sure which method will work best for you? Get in touch, and we’ll set something up!

Find Your Place in Today’s Job Market

Are you undecided or uncertain about your career pathway? Register for a Career Planning course offered by Women, Work and Community. Shelley Taylor will lead this no-cost class which meets on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9 am to noon, from 1/29 through 2/12. Call 386-1664 to sign-up.

Build Your Resume Doing Good

Volunteer with the Midcoast CA$H coalition and help individuals and families prepare their tax returns. Gain marketable skills working with people and preparing taxes. FMI: Sharon Ross at 373-1140, ext. 206.

Like us!

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by liking us on Facebook.

http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Register now for spring courses!

Spring 2013 open registration for degree and non-degree students is ongoing for all campuses. More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Checkout our YouTube channel!

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube channel! More

Earn Secondary Certification

Students who wish to teach high school can now earn their credentials through University College at Bath/Brunswick. More

Discover online, non-credit career training programs

University College in partnership with ed2go, offers high quality career training programs online. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737