It's Friday and no storms - just some warm weather! How good is that!
So...I had to share some other positive things that happened in the past two days.
Yesterday I decided I visit my neighbor across the street who is retired but still serves as a tax advisor to many.
I gave him a copy of the Maine Public Library Fund poster and explain what it was. He was thrilled about the information AND was just writing his letter to clients - good timing! He always shares what is new on the tax form with clients.
Today I emailed another accountant friend and explained the Maine Public Library Fund again.
His response came back immediately: "Your email is fortuitous!  I am currently working on the "state tax changes" presentation for our firm's upcoming pre-tax season meeting."

I guess the timing is NOW to alert any tax account friends to let them know about Maine Public Library Fund. Even if they know already know, a personal email or visit is worth it, I think.

And thanks to so many libraries who have posters up , bookmarks ready and more about the tax check-off for libraries! Awesome!
I stopped in Topsham public yesterday and was so impressed with their computer monitor right at the front door, with a scrolling PowerPoint of their programs and  the tax check-off information that I took photos (love that monitor!) and made a mini album on the MSL Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/MaineStateLibrary

New 5 x7 poster for the tax check-off available now and a short YouTube video coming next week.
Also all posters and bookmarks offered in Publisher so you can brand at the bottom and print more bookmarks: remove the MSL logo and the Friends part then add your logo and info.
http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/taxcheck/

Ellen Wood
Web Coordinator/Special Projects
Maine State Library