Newsletter 12/15/12 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.

University College

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 12/15/12

Click here to view in a web browser

Good luck with finals!

Good luck with wrapping up your final exams and projects. Please support your colleagues through exam week by reducing noise throughout the center.

Destress!

Feeling exam week stress? Check out these UM resources to lower your stress rate. Breathe.

Register!

Are you registered for your Spring 2013 courses? January 5 is the final day to register for UMA courses without paying or having a financial aid award on your account. Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger. Check here for course descriptions, delayed viewing policies, and degree-specific course lists.

Thanks for your generosity!child on santa's lap with elf on stand-by

Thank you to the Student Association and to everyone who generously supported the giving tree and helped to brighten the holidays for so many young children in our region! Also thanks to everyone who turned out for the best-ever holiday celebration. Be sure to checkout and comment on the event pics.

Enjoy your holiday!

University College at Bath/Brunswick will be closed Monday, 12/24; Tuesday, 12/25 and Tuesday, 1/1. On other weekdays over the semester break the center will be open 8 am to 4 pm. We wish you safe and happy holidays and a restful semester break.

Raise fast cashtext book used

A book buy-back is scheduled for 12/20 from 11 am to 7 pm in the lobby.

Volunteer and earn a tuition waiver

We are recruiting volunteers to join our student office staff for the spring semester. We are especially seeking volunteers to staff evening hours. Volunteers are eligible to a earn a UMA tuition waiver. FMI or to apply contact Lisa Whitney.

Apply for graduation!

If you are planning to finish your degree requirements this December or at the end of the spring semester be sure to submit an application for graduation.

Explore Self-Employmenthttp://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2012/12/wwc-logo-element1.png

Are you considering self-employment? Attend a Women, Work and Community sponsored Introduction to Self-Employment Workshop on Wednesday, 1/9, 9-11 am. Call 386-1664 to sign-up for this no-cost workshop. Check here for a list of spring semester Women, Work and Community career and small business workshops.

Build Your Resume Doing Good

Volunteer with the Midcoast CA$H coalition and help individuals and families prepare their tax returns. Gain marketable skills working with people and preparing taxes. FMI: Sharon Ross at 373-1140, ext. 206.

Like us!

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by liking us on Facebook.

ucbb wave logo

http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Raise fast cash

A book buy-back is scheduled for 12/20 from 11 am to 7 pm in the lobby. More

Register now for spring courses!

Spring 2013 open registration for degree and non-degree students is ongoing for all campuses. More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Checkout our YouTube channel!

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube channel! More

Prepare for winter weather!

Storm cancellation information is available at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329. Select voice mailbox #8. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737