Newsletter 12/15/12 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

[image: University College] <http://learn.maine.edu/>

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 12/15/12*

*Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>
*

*Good luck with finals!*

Good luck with wrapping up your final exams and projects. Please support
your colleagues through exam week by reducing noise throughout the center.

*Destress!*

Feeling exam week stress? Check out these *UM
resources*<http://umaine.edu/counseling/students-self-help/feeling-stressed/>to
lower your stress rate. Breathe.

*Register!*

Are you registered for your *Spring 2013
courses*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/spring/>?
January 5 is the final day to register for UMA courses without paying or
having a financial aid award on your account. Please call 442-7736 to
schedule an advising appointment with *Lisa Whitney* or *Dennis Unger*.
Check *here <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/spring/>* for
course descriptions, delayed viewing policies, and degree-specific course
lists.

*Thanks for your
generosity!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/img_8855/>
*[image: child on santa's lap with elf on
stand-by]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/img_8855/><http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/img_8855/>
**

Thank you to the *Student
Association<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* and to everyone who generously supported the *giving tree* and helped to
brighten the holidays for so many young children in our region! Also thanks
to everyone who turned out for the best-ever holiday celebration. Be sure
to checkout and comment on the *event
pics*<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151305371373556.481795.95070528555&type=1>
.

*Enjoy your holiday!*

University College at Bath/Brunswick will be closed Monday, 12/24; Tuesday,
12/25 and Tuesday, 1/1. On other weekdays over the semester break the
center will be open 8 am to 4 pm. We wish you safe and happy holidays and a
restful semester break.

*Raise fast cash <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/?attachment_id=6789>*[image:
text book used]
<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/?attachment_id=6789><http://learn.maine.edu/bath/?attachment_id=6789>
**

A book buy-back is scheduled for *12/20* from 11 am to 7 pm in the lobby.

*Volunteer and earn a tuition waiver*

We are recruiting volunteers to join our student office staff for the
spring semester. We are especially seeking volunteers to staff evening
hours. Volunteers are eligible to a earn a UMA tuition waiver. FMI or to
apply contact *Lisa Whitney <[log in to unmask]>*.

*Apply for graduation!*

If you are planning to finish your degree requirements this December or at
the end of the spring semester be sure to submit an *application for
graduation<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/advising/applying-for-graduation/>
*.

*Explore Self-Employment<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/wwc-logo-element-2/>
*[image: http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2012/12/wwc-logo-element1.png]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/wwc-logo-element-2/><http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/wwc-logo-element-2/>
**

Are you considering self-employment? Attend a Women, Work and Community
sponsored *Introduction to Self-Employment Workshop* on Wednesday, 1/9,
9-11 am. Call 386-1664 to sign-up for this no-cost workshop. Check
*here<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2012/12/WWC-BB-2013-Spring-Workshops.pdf>
* for a list of spring semester Women, Work and Community career and small
business workshops.

*Build Your Resume Doing Good*

Volunteer with the *Midcoast CA$H
coalition*<http://www.cashmaine.org/locations/midcoast/updates/news/build-your-resume-doing-good-2>and
help individuals and families prepare their tax returns. Gain
marketable skills working with people and preparing taxes. FMI: *Sharon Ross
* <[log in to unmask]> at 373-1140, ext. 206.

*Like us!*

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by
liking us on* Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
*.

<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>[image: ucbb
wave logo] <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg><http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Raise fast cash <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/10/raise-fast-cash/>**
*

A book buy-back is scheduled for 12/20 from 11 am to 7 pm in the
lobby. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/10/raise-fast-cash/>

*Register now for spring
courses!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/02/register-spring-courses-2/>
***

Spring 2013 open registration for degree and non-degree students is ongoing
for all campuses.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/02/register-spring-courses-2/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/collaborate/>

*Checkout our YouTube
channel!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>
***

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube
channel! More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>

*Prepare for winter
weather!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/03/prepare-winter-weather/>
***

Storm cancellation information is available at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329.
Select voice mailbox #8.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/03/prepare-winter-weather/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737