Dear Colleagues,

Registration is open for spring GIS course at the University of Maine at Machias. Sign up now and spread the word!

This spring we'll be offering...

GIS 330: GIS Applications II (hybrid and on-campus options)- This course focuses primarily on spatial analysis with raster and vector data, as well as model building, spatial interpolation and suitability analysis. Prerequisite: GIS I or equivalent (Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a line!). Jan 23- 5/16. Hybrid section is all online plus three Saturday sessions on 2/2, 3/23, 5/4. On-campus section meets in Machias Mon & Fri 2 - 3:20pm and Wed 3 - 4:50pm.

GIS 420: Remote Sensing and Image Analysis (hybrid only)- We'll work with Landsat, lidar, orthoimagery and other remotely sensed data, learning analytical techniques, physical principles, and ground truthing. We also get to work with some of the most amazing a beautiful images of the earth. Prerequisite: GIS II or equivalent; may be taken concurrently with GIS II with permission of instructor. Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a line!). Jan 23- 5/16; hybrid course is all online plus three Saturday sessions on 2/9, 3/30, 5/11.

GIS 204: Global Positioning System (GPS; 5-day intensive)- We'll learn the principles behind global navigation satellite systems like GPS, field techniques in a service project, trip planning and post-processing, the basics of importing GPS data into a GIS, and methods for minimizing error and documenting accuracy. This is a fun, field-based course open to everyone. May 20-24, 9 to 5pm.

All courses come with a free one-year license for ArcGIS 10.1 software and count toward our certificate and degree programs. Our courses focus on skills needed in the workplace today, and feature hands-on service projects for real-world clients. Learn more and enroll atMailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.facebook.com" claiming to be http://machias.edu/gis

Any questions? Feel free to drop us a line.

Cheers!
Tora

Tora Johnson
Director/ Instructor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory
Torrey 223
University of Maine at Machias
(207) 255-1214

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: