I have had teachers use Fakebook  and My Fake Wall but when I went to get the link for that one the site was down.
I personally didn't like either of them. Fakebook has adds and My Fake Wall was very glitchy.
If I had to do it I would use Josh's suggestion of Edmodo
or if the school would allow them I'd have them use their own Facebook acct. (HS, of course) and use the make a new page (on left) and go to Artist, Band or Public Figure and choose Fictional Character. I can't imagine what else that would be used for.