Dear students,

I appreciate the generosity current and former students have shown over the years by donating textbooks.  Unfortunately, the textbooks do not get used.  Students are most in need of textbooks that are for current classes; otherwise, the books get taken to Goodwill.  Although it seems students that want to brush up on a topic would find a used textbook helpful, those students most benefit from taking an on-line tutorial or an adult education course. Even math textbooks don't get a home, although the content is not much different from book to book.  Near the end of the semester, you can see if the course you're in will be offered the following semester and check the bookstore website to see if the same text will be used. If so, your donation will be very useful and very much appreciated!

And now, after going on and on about not wanting textbooks, I DO want donations of all other kinds of books: fiction, nonfiction, crime, mystery, kids, cookbooks, etc. for our upcoming booksale.  We will hold a booksale Saturday, September 29th as part of the Autumn Gold celebration in Ellsworth.  Please bring your donations to the front desk.  I also need volunteers to assist with the book sale and set up.  Set up is 8 am and the sale is 9-3.  It's a lot of fun, and you don't have to commit to the whole day, just perhaps a two-hour shift.   The money collected will go to our scholarship fund.

It's great to see everyone back at school!  We're going to have a great year!

Ann

--

Ann M. Delaney

Student Services Coordinator