Yes, It's true that the new UMaine Certficate is intended for Tech
Coordinators. (It includes Advanced Networking and Troubleshooting as well
as some educational theory for the new-to-schools techies who don't
understand education.   There is a 3 course-certificate for classroom
teachers who want to go for challenge-based teaching and maximize
technology affordances with their students.

The Master's Degree in Education / Instructional Technology is very
suitable for Tech Integrators.  But none of these have anything to do with
the Maine Department of Eduation / Certification.

Gail Garthwait

> Anne MacDonald wrote:

As a Technology Integrator I have a teaching certificate and a 680
endorsement (although that endorsement doesn't really fit- it is for a
computer teacher).
I think part of the problem is terminology. At our school the "head tech
person" is called the Tech Director but I have heard that person called the
Technology Coordinator elsewhere. The new certificate from UMaine is for
Technology Coordinators and to me sounds more appropriate for a Tech
Director than an Integrator.

Anne