Newsletter 5/15/12 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 5/15/12

Click here to view in a web browser

Congratulations!

Congratulations to all of the graduates! The Student Association did a terrific job of hosting a fun and memorable graduation celebration. This wonderful send-off included a heart-felt speech from UMA faculty member, Michael Desisto and recognition of each of the graduating students. A slideshow of images from the event is available on the University College at Bath/Brunswick Facebook page and a video is available on our YouTube Channel.

Celebrate summer

Summer 2012 courses started this week and there are additional start dates throughout the summer. Building hours for summer session I (through June 29) are: Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:15 am to 7 pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 am to 9:45 pm; Fridays, 8 am to 4 pm.

Connect with a Math tutor

Manny Sargent is available as a Math tutor this summer. To schedule a meeting with Manny email [log in to unmask] or call 443-3999.

Register for fall courses

Fall course registration, without payment, is open and ongoing. Please call the center (442-7736) and schedule an advising appointment with Dennis Unger or Lisa Whitney.

Learn photo basics

This fall, photographer Dee Peppe will offer the UMA course ART 109 Photographic Vision & Digital Discovery at the center for the first time, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 3:30 pm, starting 9/5. Examples of student photos from the ART 109 class are available on the UCBB Facebook page.

Remember

University College at Bath/Brunswick will be closed on Monday, 5/28 in observance of Memorial Day.

Create your future

Shelley Taylor, Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community is holding a “Creating your future: Career planning for trades & technology” class. Participants will: explore in-demand careers, meet employers, discover education options, practice interview skills and learn effective self-marketing. This free class is open to men and women and meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5/29 through 6/19 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. FMI, or to register 386-1664 or [log in to unmask].

Turbocharge your job search

The Southern Midcoast CareerCenter in Brunswick has a career workshop series that includes; interviewing skills, resume and cover letter, and career exploration.

View our latest videos

Checkout several new videos on our YouTube channel. UMA, Human Service faculty member, Amy Line discusses the benefits of studying Death and Dying, a topic she will be teaching at the center in the fall. “University College works for me…” features students; Lisa Archer, Shannon Potter and recent graduate; Susan Bauer. The video featuring Amy Line and the “UC works for me…” video can also be found on our FB page.

Apply for a work-study position

If you have a fall work-study award as part of your financial aid package please contact Arlene Smith to apply for a student staff position in the University College business office.

Got Art?

Five River Arts sponsors a monthly art walk in Brunswick (2nd Friday) and Bath (3rd Friday) through October. It is a great opportunity to view local art, visit artists’ studios, and meet the artists.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

Celebrating the grads!

Student Association officers hosted a celebration for our graduating students. More

Checkout our new YouTube channel!

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our new YouTube channel! More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Register for summer and fall classes!

Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Dennis Unger or Lisa Whitney to select your summer and fall courses. More

Work-study or volunteer!

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester we recruit a number of students who have been awarded work-study money or volunteers, who can earn a three More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.