WHAT IS STUDENT ASSOCIATION?

The Hancock County Higher Education Center Student Association is made up of members of the student community elected to leadership roles to oversee the spending of your student activity funds.  They are responsible for the coffee, tea, and cocoa made available to students daily, as well as the snacks offered during midterm and finals’ weeks. The SA arranges for special workshops, tickets to events at The Grand, student trips and student gatherings.  We sponsor and run at least two key events each year, the Holiday Party and the Graduation Celebration.

MEETINGS

We usually meet every two weeks for an hour and keep in touch by email.

HOW DO I GET ELECTED?

You must be enrolled in courses through the Hancock County Higher Education Center.

Complete a nomination form (attached to this email) signed by 15 students from the Hancock County Higher Education Center and return it to Ann Delaney no later than 6:00 pm Wednesday, April 25th.   Elections will be Monday, April 30th – Friday, May 4th.

State on your nomination form the position you’re running for:  President, Vice-President, Secretary, Budget and Finance Manager, Student Body Representative.  More than one student can be elected as a Study Body Representative.

Terms are for one year.