Newsletter 4/23/12 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 4/23/12*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Bring your sweet tooth to the center!*

Please join us on Tuesday & Wednesday, *4/24 & 4/25*, between 11 am & 1 pm,
for a *bake sale*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>in
the lobby! All proceeds from this Student Association sponsored event
will go to the UMA *Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship Fund*.

*Explore pathways to teacher certification*

Cynthia Dean, Assistant Professor of Education at UMA, will offer a
pathways to *teacher certification information
session*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/02/attend-teacher-certification-information-session/>on
Thursday,
*4/26* at 4:00 pm. This is a great way to learn about certification options
for elementary education, special education, secondary education, and early
childhood education. Please call 442-7736 to sign-up.

*Apply for a work-study position*

If you have a summer or fall *work-study award* as part of your financial
aid package please contact *Arlene Smith* <[log in to unmask]> to apply for
a student staff position in the University College business office.

*Add drama to your life!*

The *DRA 151 Play Production
class<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/20/drama-151-presents/>
* invites you to experience two intriguing plays that will bring you from a
mysterious grassy hillside to a busy corporate office. The productions are *2
Soldiers* by Bathsheba Doran and *China* written by Scott Organ. Please us
on *Friday, 5/4* for an open dress rehearsal at *11 am* or the final
performance at *7 pm*. The production will take place at University College
at Bath/Brunswick in Room 200. The performances are free and open to the
public.

*Celebrate the grads!*

Current students are invited to help us *celebrate and honor the graduating
students <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/#anchor1>
* on *Friday, 5/11, from 5 to 7 pm* at the Taste of Maine Restaurant,
Upstairs Banquet Room, Woolwich, Maine. This Student Association sponsored
event includes refreshments and a warm send-off of the graduates. UMA
faculty member, *Michael DeSisto* is our featured speaker. *RSVP and
payment deadline: 5/4*.

*Register for summer and fall classes*

Register now for* **Summer
2012*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/course-schedule/>and
*fall 2012* <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/fall2012/>courses.
Registration is now open for most of the campuses.
*Reminder:* UMA does not offer self-service registration for summer because
payment (or an accepted financial aid award) is required prior to
registration. To register for a UMA summer course please submit a completed
*course registration
form*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2012/03/register-add-dropSUMMER.pdf>to
the center business office on or after
*4/9* for UMA degree students. Students may use self-service in *MaineStreet
* <https://peportal.maine.edu/psp/PAPRD89/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST>to
register for summer courses at the six other UMS campuses.

Please call the center (442-7736) and schedule an *advising
appointment*with Dennis Unger or Lisa Whitney. Advising appointments
are available
during the break week.*
*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/course-schedule/>

*Help us go viral!*

Checkout our latest faculty and student videos on our *UCBB YouTube
channel*<http://www.youtube.com/user/universitycollegebb>.
The most recent video features UMA, Mental Health and Human Service
student, *Jade Drake* talking about how to get the most out of an
internship.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Drama 151 presents…<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/20/drama-151-presents/>
***

The DRA 151 Play Production class invites you to experience two intriguing
plays on Friday, 5/4 at 11 am or 7 pm.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/20/drama-151-presents/>

*Earn quick cash! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/11/earn-quick-cash/>*
**

A book buy back will be held on 5/9 and 5/10 from 11 am to 7 pm in the
lobby. More <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/11/earn-quick-cash/>

*Register for summer and fall
classes!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/06/schedule-advising-appointment-2/>
***

Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Dennis Unger
or Lisa Whitney to select your summer and fall courses.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/04/06/schedule-advising-appointment-2/>

*Watch It: Response to Intervention Information
Session<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/02/03/attend-response-intervention-information-session/>
***

The USM Response to Intervention (RTI) Academic and Response to
Intervention (RTI) Behavior Certificate Programs will be offered at the
Bath center. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/02/03/attend-response-intervention-information-session/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/02/01/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/02/01/collaborate/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>