Hey!

I found the issue, and I believe it goes all the way back to the original installation.  We had copied some settings over from Bess.

I usually enter all my URL's that I want to blacklist or whitelist into the Filtering Lists under the Groups section of the MECguard tab.  I rarely if ever use the Global URL Keywords tab.  Sure enough, inside the Global URL keywords tab, I had whitelisted the domain "yahoo.com" so everything was permitted to flow through.

Tip for others:  I found the error of my ways by going through the Access log and using the domain as my search term.  It tells you why something is permitted or blocked.  In my case, the domain showed up as Global Whitelist.  I made the connection between Global Whitelist and the Global URL keywords tab, and sure enough found the culprit.

Hope that helps somebody.  Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.  It was helpful.

Vincent Vanier, Technology Coordinator
Madawaska School Department
(207)728-3371x408