From: Jason Desjardin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:17 PM
To: Dave Hobbins
Cc: 'Jason Castonguay'
Subject: GIS position - Forestry Sector

Hello Dave;

I am wondering if you know of any experienced GIS users/professionals who may be looking for work or might possibly be interested in transitioning into the forestry sector.  We are looking for a GIS analyst who would be responsible for maintaining a variety of spatial data with the ability to improve and consistently update the database(s) as changes occur on the ground.  This person should be experienced in Microsoft access or similar DB program as well and willing to take on some biometric duties in the form of inventory design, or at a minimum, inventory data interpretation/manipulation.  Other responsibilities would include routine reporting to landowners and government as well as the creation and maintenance of GIS mapping interfaces for multiple purposes to be used by field personnel.  The person must be a self-starter, highly organized, detail oriented, and willing to work in a fast paced environment.  Other duties may include the maintenance and updating of GIS equipment, field PC’s and field GPS units as well as the associated software necessary for using the equipment.  This person could expect to have long term projects (6mo-1yr timeframe), short term (weekly to monthly) projects and daily on-demand tasks going on concurrently.

We have experienced some growth and the modern demands associated with managing investment properties are ever increasing, not to mention the strain of performing according to SFI/FSC standards in an ever changing environment.  This is a full time job with an excellent benefits package.

If you don’t know of anyone personally, would you potentially be able to put me in contact with the Maine GIS Users Group mailing list?  Also, are you familiar with a state licensing program for GIS professionals, do you know how I might tap into this audience?

Thanks for your time

Jason Desjardin

         LF #3620

GIS/Planning Forester;

Operations Supervisor

OrionLogoSmall

Orion Timberlands, LLC.

10A Main Street

Ashland, ME  04732

(ph) 207-435-4100

(fax) 207-435-4111

www.oriontimber.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: