Thanks, Alice for posting to the tech integrators list - I realize that not everyone here subscribes to the full ACTEM list.
My apologies in advance for cross posting!

Last time I posted, I was so excited to send the information about the Summer Technology Institute in Belfast (June 25-29)  (http://UMaineSTI.org  ) that I forgot to mention UMaine's Summer Classes that might be of interest to educators.  Please post and pass around.

EDT 555 Computers and Cooperative Learning
DESCRIPTION:  Explores strategies for using computer technology in cooperative environments. Topics include theoretical explanations of groups, investigation of online cooperative learning projects, discussion of criteria for evaluating resources, lesson plans and Web 2.0 uses.
Online with 3 face-to-face sessions: July 11, July 25, August 15
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Karen Kusiak
July 9 - August 17

EDT 550 Video Communication in 21st Century
DESCRIPTION:  You will discuss and interact with modern video techniques.   Several new web based applications have taken video to a whole new level of on demand capture and playback.  How does this affect your schools?  What technology do you already have in place to take part?  How is video changing? How can I bring other classes from all over the world to mine to collaborate and engage in learning?
INSTRUCTOR: [log in to unmask]
COUNTS towards the Classroom Technology Integration Certificate
Online June 11 - August 3

EDT 520 - Methods of Teaching With Computer Technology
INSTRUCTOR: [log in to unmask]
COUNTS towards the Classroom Technology Integration Certificate
Online June 11 - August 3

EDT 545 Information Security in Ed. Environment
DESCRIPTION: Covers privacy and security in the educational environment from several perspectives: legal issues, social and ethical concerns, standards and policy development.
INSTRUCTOR:  [log in to unmask]
COUNTS towards the Educational Technology Coordinator Certificate
Online May 7 - June 29

Non-degree forms: http://www.umaine.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/nondegreeinfo
Registration for Certificate programs:  http://www.umaine.edu/graduate/system/files/files/certificate.pdf  (Adobe Reader needed)

Gail Garthwait