Newsletter 3/23/12 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 3/23/12

Click here to view in a web browser

Join us for an evening of fun & celebration!

Mark your calendar for Friday 4/6, 6 to 8 pm to laugh, network, enjoy decadent desserts and celebrate someone who is an integral part of our experience here in Bath! The event is a celebrity roast featuring a surprise roastee. FMI: Gwendolyn Shatto, (443-3427) or Joline Connolly-Allen.

Be innovative with a paid internship!

Innovate for Maine is looking for motivated, innovative Maine college students who want to make a difference while gaining valuable work experience with entrepreneurial companies. Using internships, the program connects students with companies that want to grow and create jobs in Maine. Summer full-time & part-time internships, as well as fall & spring semester part-time internships are available. Apply by: 3/30.

Accept your FA award!

Check your inbox over the spring break for word from the Financial Aid staff about your 2012-13 financial aid award offer. UMA is expected to process awards in the next few days. Read the details, click through to MaineStreet and accept your package. Remember the initial award offer will be for fall 2012 and spring 2013. When you accept the award you will be prompted to indicate your plans for summer. Students taking summer courses will receive an adjusted award within a day or two of accepting the original award.

Explore our new fall course options!

New onsite and VC offerings include: Introduction to Oral History, Photographic Vision and Digital Discovery, Foundations of Education, Genocide in Our Time, Writing the Epic Character, Judicial Processes, Death and Dying.

Make a wish list!

Please call the center (442-7736) and schedule an advising appointment with Dennis Unger or Lisa Whitney. Advising appointments are available during the break week.

Summer 2012 courses are now listed in MaineStreet. On several campuses summer registration is open. We have recently posted the summer course descriptions. Reminder: UMA does not offer self-service registration for summer because payment (or an accepted financial aid award) is required prior to registration. To register for a UMA summer course please submit a completed course registration form to the center business office on or after 4/9 for UMA degree students. Students may use self-service in MaineStreet to register for summer courses at the six other UMS campuses.

Most campuses open fall registration in April. We have also updated our fall 2012 course page with course lists and descriptions. Students may use self-service in MaineStreet to register for fall courses.

Apply for graduation!

If you are completing your degree requirements this semester or over the summer remember to file a graduation application to alert your home campus. It is not too early to start humming Pomp and Circumstance!

Attend a Response to Intervention (RTI) information session

Beginning this summer, UCBB will offer two USM graduate certificate programs designed for practicing teachers and administrators: Response to Intervention (RTI) Academic, and Response to Intervention (RTI) Behavior. Courses in the programs will be delivered by video conference and online. Interested individuals are invited to attend an information session on Monday, 3/26, from 4:00-5:00 pm. Please RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Get an inside look at healthcare careers

Attend the Mid Coast Hospital Healthcare Career Day, Wednesday, 3/28. This event is open to all students and the public. It is a powerful way to explore career options!

Apply for scholarships

Apply for the AAUW Scholarship and the Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship by 3/30. Don’t forget to check the FAME scholarship search for additional awards.

Help us go viral!

Checkout our latest faculty and student videos on our UCBB YouTube channel. The most recent video features UMA, Mental Health and Human Service student, Jade Drake talking about how to get the most out of an internship.

Prep for a teaching career

Considering a teaching career? Check out this new teacher preparation resource information on the UMA web site.

Walk to create a world free of MS

Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis by participating in the Brunswick MS Walk on 4/28. Participate as an individual or organize a team!

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

Enjoy spring break!

The center is open during the spring break week (3/26 – 3/30) from 8 am to 5 pm. More

Attend a Response to Intervention Information Session on 3/26

The USM Response to Intervention (RTI) Academic and Response to Intervention (RTI) Behavior Certificate Programs will be offered at the Bath center. More

Apply for Fall 2012 Scholarship

The application deadline is March 30, 2012, for the Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship. More

Mental Health and Human Services Internship Session

BS MHHS degree students: Mark your calendar for Monday, April 2, from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. (in HUS 101 class). Dianne Carrick, UMA BS MHHS Internship Coordinator More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.