What I'm still struck by is how quick it all fell apart.  Up 2-0 and everything in your direction and the next thing you know it is 3-2 bad guys and we can't break the puck out to save our life.

I am so very glad for this season.  I really was able to get into it this year and really rekindled a lot of what I love about Maine hockey again.  How nice to be relevant and play on the national stage again.  I never really expected we would make a run in the tournament, so I wasn't devastated by the loss.  More disappointed in bits and pieces of the final game.  For instance, Sullivan's playing of the puck that directly lead to the third goal.  He has never been a great puck handler, but he didn't have the types of gaffes this year that he did last... until the worst possible moment.  I also thought we didn't adjust to UMD in third period at all.  We played the puck up the boards constantly and found nothing but trouble.  Needed that quick one-touch back to the middle of the ice on the breakout.  (See also:  Saturday vs. Merrimack and then adjustment for Sunday vs. Merrimack).

It is interesting to me to see schools like Lowell, Ferris, Union, Merrimack, etc. being so relevant as well.  Maine isn't just competing with BU and UNH.  (And I'm sorry, there is no competing with BC, if they want a kid they are going to get them right now).  Danny and Bobby have got to work hard because a lot of talent is graduating and outside of Magene and Diamond, there is only potential and not a lot of proven offensive commodities.  I like Parker and Beattie to play big roles, but a lot of questions to be answered.

More thoughts to come I am sure...