*IT’S TIME TO REPRESENT!*

[image: Description: C:\Documents and Settings\ann.delaney\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BL45X3V8\MC900439384[1].jpg]
It’s a new semester with new opportunities –

How about serving a term on the Student Association of the Hancock County
Higher Education Center?  We are holding a *special election the week of
January 30th* to fill vacancies.

* *

*What is Student Association? *

* *

The Student Association oversees the spending of student activity fees on
events and activities to enrich the college experience for students
attending classes at the Hancock County Higher Ed Center.  The SA oversees
the planning of events and activities, recruits students to participate,
manages the event, and gathers feedback from students to plan future
activities.  The SA may also collect feedback from students regarding
issues that impact their educational experience.

A few of our activities in the past have been:

·        *Annual Holiday Party *

·        *Annual Graduation Celebration*

·        *Subway Sandwich Sale to benefit the Emmaus Center*

·        *Boston Trip*

·        *Bath Salts Information session*

*How much time would I have to spend on Student Association activities? ***

The meeting schedule is usually an hour and a half every other week plus
participation in events and activities as needed.  We establish a meeting
schedule after elections and find a time that works for SA members’
schedules.

*How do I get elected? *

Use this link to the website to find office descriptions and nomination
forms:

Student Association Election
Forms<http://learn.maine.edu/ellsworth/2012/01/11/special-election-hancock-county-higher-education-center-student-association/>

Please contact me if you have any questions about Student Association and
the election.   This is a great opportunity to get involved and make a
difference!

Ann Delaney

Student Services Coordinator and SA Advisor

(207) 667-3897

* *