Newsletter 1/20/12 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 1/20/12

Click here to view in a web browser

Get wise!

Our Midcoast Senior College “Winter Wisdom” lecture series continues on Wednesdays from 12:15 – 1:45 pm at the Curtis Memorial Library, Brunswick. Upcoming talks include: 1/25, “Boon Island: The Untold Story of the Wreck of the Nottingham Galley” and 2/1, “The Development of the Modern Piano”. The free lectures are held weekly through 2/15 and are open to the public.

Get CA$H

Are you leaving money on the table? If you earned under $57,000 last year, you can find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit and get your taxes prepared for free through The Midcoast Creating Assets, Savings & Hope (CA$H) Coalition. CA$H sessions are scheduled at University College at Bath/Brunswick on 1/30, 2/6, & 2/27 from 2-4 pm. Sign-up required. Many additional locations & dates available. FMI: www.cashmaine.org.

Get lucky

Enter your name in the Student Association 2/1 drawing to win a Coffee 101 gift certificate–check the lobby for details. All students are invited to attend the Wednesday, 2/1 SA meeting at noon. FMI: Lisa Whitney.

Jumpstart your job search…

…by attending the Job Seekers Workshop on Thursday, 2/2, from 10 am to noon in Room 112. This is a no-cost workshop open to men and women and is sponsored by the Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community. FMI and required registration: [log in to unmask].

Schedule a tutoring session

Start your semester off right by meeting with a Math, Writing, Computer or Biology tutor. The spring tutor schedule has been updated and we are pleased to welcome Laura Lienert to our tutoring staff. Laura is tutoring Biology and Anatomy and Physiology students.

Schedule an exam

Spring semester make-up times include Mondays at 11:00 am and Fridays at 2:30 pm. Call 442-7736 to schedule a make-up or online class exam. You must be prepared to present photo identification for all make-up exams and on-site exams for online courses.

Apply for the Competitive Skills Scholarship Program (CSSP)

The Competitive Skills Scholarship helps workers learn new skills and succeed in a changing economy. The program is open to all income qualified Maine residents and pays for education and training for high-wage jobs in demand in Maine. The Competitive Skills Scholarship is open for applications from 2/1 through 2/15.

Renew now!!

Be sure to renew your FAFSA for the 2012-2013 financial aid year before 2/15.

Learn budgeting skills!

Attend a Budgeting Basics Workshop on Thursday, 2/16, from 10 am to noon in Room 112. This is a no-cost workshop open to men and women and is sponsored by the Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community. FMI and required registration: [log in to unmask].

Apply for a UMA scholarship

The UMA General Scholarship deadline is 3/2.

Build leadership skills this summer

The Maine New Leadership conference is a highly acclaimed residential training program provides public leadership education for college women. It will be held on the University of Maine at Orono campus from 6/1 to 6/6 and is designed to educate, empower and encourage participants to take on leadership roles. The application deadline is 3/16. Click here for application materials and complete information. Scholarships are available.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

Checkout our new YouTube channel!

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our new YouTube channel! More

Book Buyback

A book buyback is scheduled for Wednesday, 1/25, & Thursday, 1/26, from 1 to 7 p.m. in the lobby. More

Prepare for winter weather!

Storm cancellation information is available at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329. Select voice mailbox #8. More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Spring 2012 UCBB Hours

Our spring 2012 building hours are: Mondays, 7:45 am to 9:45 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:15 am to 9:45 pm; Friday, 7:45 am to 6:45 pm. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.